Tuesday 31 March 2015

Redkite on my local patch

While walking back along the Middlewich branch of the Trent and Mersey canal in the strong winds and heavy rain my brother spotted an unusual looking bird being mobbed by 2 crows. We quickly noticed it was not a regular bird for here and at first I thought Osprey but then I noticed the red and the kite tail. We could only get a few far shots as it flew close to the ground over the farmers fields. As quickly as it arrived it was off with the wind and off towards Knutsford. My first ever view of a Red kite and it was on my local patch flying near to one of my favorite wildlife spots which makes it even more special it being right here in Cheshire.
 A few photographs of the flooding river Dane
Thanks for reading my blog
Stay wild, be happy and be safe

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment