Wednesday 31 December 2014

Top 14 Wild moments of 2014 part 1 of 2

As it's the last day of 2014 I decided to post a quick review of my top 14 wild encounters and moments from 2014. There not in any particular order as each one was very special to me.
1-My first ever Dolphin encounter at sunset on the North Wales coast at Llandudno.
2-Filming my local Mute Swan pair from nest building to egg laying to Cygnets and them leaving.
3-We had to rescue 2 Cygnets as they got separated from the other 6 and the adults and reuniting them was a very nice thing to watch.
4-Having a close encounter with a local Fox that lived next to the holiday cottage where I stay regularly.
5-A Buzzard caught a Rabbit on a cliff edge next to the sea and it flew over the sea with it while it was still alive.
6-I have been checking a regular sighting spot on the coast for Purple Sandpipers but one day in April I was climbing over some rocks on the beach and 2 birds on one rock.
7-While walking back from a summers visit to my favorite Badger sett I bumped into some fledgling Kingfishers that were still unafraid of humans.

More to come asap

Thanks for reading my blog and have a great New year

So stay wild, be happy and be safe

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment