Sunday 25 May 2014

Kingfisher surprise on my local stream

During an afternoon walk last week we decided on heading to a local stream to see if the Kingfishers had fledged and trusting my gut paid off. Down on the stream there were 2 young Kingfishers hiding right up against the bank perched on branches that had grown over the river. I got very close to them and having learned from previous years that when Kingfishers first leave the nest they have no fear and you can get quite close. I never thought they would have survived as there stream flooded so many times but luckily I ended up with my closest encounter so far.
This young one landed in a shady Willow tree a few meters away from me then flew off into a dense woodland
 I hope to return to the stream tomorrow to get some better photographs if there still around.

Thanks for visiting 

Mike

2 comments: