Tuesday 26 January 2016

Springing out of January!!!

Each year the British winter seem s to be getting more unusual and this one in particular has to be the most bizarre Winter yet. Over the past week or so I've noticed the nettles and other vegetation springing up very early the most surprising has to be wild garlic growing down by the river. I love to pick a leaf and give it a good sniff as it reminds me of the transformation that will be soon upon us. A few other local signs Ive noticed are the new green reed shooting up. The local Swans are pairing up and have started nest building on the local ponds but they seemed to have stopped since the windier and wetter weather has come in. I have also noticed the birds are singing and things are really bursting into life.
Some time in the next few weeks I will be heading off for a days camping on the coast to reignite my wildness. In my next few blogs I'll be posting about another meeting with an idiot with a gun and in a another post I'll be sharing some of my gear I have purchased for my next camping trip.
On another note I have recently just opened a shop selling my framed wildlife sketches and my wildlife photographs on Etsy. You can view and purchase them here https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MikeMottramNatureArt?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Thank you

Mike Mottram
Stay safe and protect Nature where and whenever you can
My latest drawing of a Watervole eating a grass stalk




No comments:

Post a Comment