Saturday 7 February 2015

Buzzard, Snow and sheltering with the Swans

Over the past few weeks while walking around my local patch we have been seeing a Buzzard near one of the Roman historical areas by the T&M canal. It seemed to be not bothered by us getting close to it and over the next few days I pushed even closer right up to it's circle of fear. The Buzzards here always come close to the towns when we get winter snow and the ground freezes. I guess it's because it gets harder to feed in the countryside and they come to the warmer areas to search for food, so I new it would be around for a while and over the week I found it was feeding on worms in a small and quiet woodland area by the river.
Buzzard perches on a Roman Middlewich information board
Hunting on the river
The local Cemetery covered in snow
I also photographed Flash and Whisper during a snow storm while we sheltered under a canal bridge to wait out the wind that came out of know where and the pair joined us to shelter to. I was only happy to share some of my lunch with them as we were both snowed into this cozy little area.
Before the wind and snow began.....
Thanks for reading my blog
Stay wild, be happy and be safe
 
Mike
Next time -Closer to a stunning bird of prey- Next time

No comments:

Post a Comment