Sunday 29 May 2016

From my doorstep to the sea - Delamere forest and beyond PT 2

A few weeks ago we did our first section of our journey to North Wales by bike and I am glad to say we made it quite easily along the route I planned which was about 25+miles.
We had no punctures or delays on our route but after biking our furthest distance yet and still having energy to walk to my Badger sett once we returned home made me feel like the challenge is possible. I'm thinking that our next section of our journey will be from Middlewich to Chester where we will get on a coastal bike path that runs along the River Dee next to a park called the cop.
I'm a little bit apprehensive about the next section as the journey there and back is double what we have done before at about 44+miles. I'm sure if we take our time and get our minds and body's in sync we can make it in no time at all. It will be a good training session as when we finally do the full bike journey to Wales I'm thinking we won't be cycling back on the same day. We will probably camp/caravan a few days to recover and enjoy some more time relaxing by the sea.
I struggled to get a decent photograph with the sign and me in as we were next to a busy road
Thanks for reading my blog
Stay wild, be happy and be safe
 
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment