Tuesday 10 May 2016

First Badgers of 2016 #cutebadgercubwarning

If you have been following my blog for a while now you'll know I visit a Badger sett at this time of year to see if the Badger family has any new additions. At this time of year the Badger cubs are taking there first steps  away from there setts with the rest of the family. I have been trying to see the cubs earlier each year and a few days ago I was treated to some short but sweet views of Brock woods newest youngsters. While out in the warm summer evenings over the past few days the family have gotten used to my scent after a long winter of not really visiting the sett other than to check the area had been undisturbed by those idiots who commit awful wildlife crimes.
The 2 cubs were chuckling away by the entrance but did not want to leave the entrance
Cheeky Badger faces the opposite way of my camera
A quick look before the little one disappears off back to bed
Badger cub looks right at me
Hiding in the undergrowth the second cub appears from a different hole
Hopefully this won't be the first or last time this Spring/Summer I get to photograph them more. Watching the Badgers is one of my highlights of the lighter and brighter days of the year.

Thanks for reading my blog
Stay wild, be happy and be safe
 
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment