Saturday 16 May 2015

Magpies nest and his loot of silver

A few days ago I was having a wander through a local woodland checking on the safety of a few Badger setts. While on my way back under a Hawthorn tree I spotted a Magpies nest which must have blown out of the tree with all the strong winds over the past few months. It's the first time I have had the chance to have a real look at magpies nest and after looking at the structure I'm thinking Magpies would be good at playing Kerplunk.
The intricate nest of a Magpie with each stick perfectly placed to build the structure
A few of the shiny items I found in the base of the nest
I found these scissors which was the most unique item but they seemed to like paper clips more
 I kept the small pair of scissors and one paper clip for my Nature collection and I arranged the rest of the items under a tree in case the Magpies decided on coming back for there little collection.
I also had a look around to see if there were any Grass snakes basking in the sun but as it was quite cold first thing, I don't think they were up and about. While I was eating my dinner in the sun I saw one slithering around under some logs and old leaves.
A few log piles for Snakes, Amphibians and Rodents to hide under
 A small pond for any animals that need a drink or birds that wish to bath
Thanks for reading my blog
Stay wild, be happy and be safe
 
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment