Sunday 21 October 2018

Wild Paddle boarding and more wild time

With the nights coming in quickly now its time to photograph those creatures who come out at last light and I have found Badgers, foxes and barn owls all in one area. One night I captured a wonderful slow motion clip on my iphone

On many evenings lately I have seen Barn Owls on many rough grassy areas which is great to see and shows that the dry summer really made a difference in there hunting success but where some species suceed others fail and struggle to cope.
 While out enjoying the low light walks I check upon many Badgers and some evenings Id arrive and they would be emerging to have a scratch and air there bedding. On countless occaisions I keep hearing about the warmer summer weather usaully means a cold winter to follow which I am really happy about as I have so much outdoorgear ready to go for outdoor walking and wild camping.
 
I have been enjoying paddle boarding up the river weaver lately and with the ice on its way I am trying to get my board out as much as possible as I dont want to use in the cold so I will switch to my kayak on the colder but sunnier afternoons.
Thanks to my boss for letting me have a week off unpaid but as I have clocked up overtime lately it wont break the bank but I can have a winter break on ANGLESEY which has boosted my energy X1000. I have started prepping just incase the cold weather comes in.
Stay warm and stay wild as the snow of winter is coming...

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment