Sunday 15 November 2015

A passion thought lost.....

When I was about 8 I used to draw the birds in my garden and copy the drawing of animals from around the world from my wildlife books. Over the years my passion and love for drawing was lost as I took to using a camera and camcorder to capture my memory's and the beauty of nature. With the worsening wet weather of Winter approaching I decided to put on a film and pick one of my favorite photographs to draw. I decided to draw from a Mouse photograph I took a few years ago. The Mouse was in my garden and it kept coming out to get food then running off into Ivy to either eat the food or to store for Winter when food is lacking. I quite enjoyed my first go at drawing for the first time in 20 years. The shadings not totally to my liking and the drawings not my best work. Hopefully my skill will grow the more I draw and with that I think my passion for drawing and wildlife art will to.

My second drawing is of a Great crested grebe that I photographed nesting on a local lake. I wanted to try a different style in this drawing and I decided on a Quentin Blake style like the Roald Dahl illustrator.

My last drawing is of a Dragonfly that I drew from a photograph I took a few years ago when it landed on a fence down a country lane by a slow flowing river in the middle of the Summer.
Once I get some artist crayons I will try to add some color to my drawings and hopefully it will be this week. My next drawings will be of a Short Eared Owl, Badger and a Hedgehog as there currently my favorite birds and mammals.

Thanks for reading my blog
Stay wild, be happy and be safe

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment