Wednesday 10 December 2014

Sun, wind and the possible return of Snow!!!

A great walk this afternoon as we finally found our missing male Mute swan Flash who's one of the main characters on my YouTube channel series and a bird I have been filming for a while. We found him on a small pool on the outskirts of my local patch with a female swan but as the pool is fenced off. I could not tell if the female was unringed like his previous mate Snow who disappeared in the summer months. I new it was Flash without seeing his leg tag as he responded to our whistles and came across from the opposite side of the pool to see us.
Hopefully they will return to there nesting area in the next month to begin there winter courtship and defend there territory before nest building in late February/early March in 2015.
So stay wild, be happy and be safe

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment