Tuesday 26 November 2013

Otters are closer than I thought!!!!

On the way to the boat to do some painting I ended up walking over a local bridge where the River Dane flows and something caught my eye on the edge of the bridge. On the other side of the safety barrier next to the bridge on the ledge which right next to a main road and about 50m from my house was a large pile of Otter spraint.
 A fantastic sign of Otters and on my daily route to get the bus to walk I may try to put a camera trap here one day when we get some snow as it would be great to get some footage from this location with it being so close to my home.
 This year I really wanted to see Otters in the flesh on my local patch but I soon realized that I needed to setup some stealthy hides and in 2013 I have done just that in a few different Ottery habitats. Will 2014 be the year of Otters for me or is there time in 2013 to complete the goal that I have been trying to complete for many years.

Thanks for reading

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment