Sunday 18 March 2012

Kayak training begins!!!!!!!!!

As in my previous blog I mentioned kayaking on the sea in North Wales to try and get some unique photographs/footage of Sea birds and other marine life from my kayak. As I am used to open bodies of water from lakes and rivers with strong winds and fast flows but overall none of my experience kayaking has been out in the open sea so I figured that I may have to deal with more unpredictable waters and I will need as much power in my arms as possible so to train we have decided to kayak on the lake in the wind as well as paddle upriver against the current to strengthen our arms and get used to fighting the flow of the water in case a sudden wind blows and the waves get rough but as we plan to kayak in the summer first thing in the morning when the tide is in and the sea is calm and the sun is rising lighting up the area we will be kayaking which will be perfect for filming.
 BRING IT ON
Its better to be prepared for anything with nature due to its unpredictability and for the next few months I plan to kayak 5/7 days of the week as carrying all the kit to the river is a work out in its self so it should get us fighting fit for the summer but if all good in April I will be taking our kayaking gear to Wales for a few trials on the sea off sandy beaches away from any rocks just to get a feel of kayaking on the sea I can't wait to try it and see what its like being in my kayak on a larger area of open water.

Thanks for reading

Mike

2 comments:

  1. I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I will have a look when I find some time.

    ReplyDelete