Sunday 18 December 2011

Kayak modifications for wildlife filming and photography

 After a few days of thinking about treating myself to a new kayak for Christmas and I found this one which is a fishing model in camo colours and has has rod holders built in which is a big plus for me buying this model and 3 areas for kit the net bag holder at the back and 2x Large waterproof Hatches one at the front and one next to me perfect for spare batteries, food and emergency/first aid kit but as I have only just ordered I have some modifications to make on it and plus try it out on the canal fingers crossed I should have before the end of the week and work on it over Christmas.
The drawing below shows how I want to turn the kayak into a wildlife filming kayak for use on slow moving rivers, lakes and canals. I am thinking that I can take a tripod apart and fit the the head part of a tripod into the fishing rod holder then I can fit my camcorder onto the tripod mount to film wildlife from my boat in reed beds or film my point of view which would be great to use on the fast flowing river on my local patch of middlewich.
I will post more information and photos once I actually have the kayak in my possession.


Mike

3 comments:

  1. A lovely looking craft Mike... You will have some fun using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should keep me busy over christmas but its bloody bigger than I thought it was going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your readers, I'm just stopping by new blogs that i think are interesting. And then ill put some of those on my favorites list to visit again. Happy holidays folks and wishing everyone a healthy new years as well. Richard from a Amish community in Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete