Wednesday 19 June 2019

A book in review-Bird Cottage by Eva Meijer

A different type of blog today as I was recently sent a book to read and as its Nature related I was quite happy to read and write a review. I am often sat waiting for Nature to appear or just soaking up all the noise, smells and feeling I get from nature and the habitat around me. The book Bird cottage by Eva Meijer the book follows Gwen Howard and at the age of 44 years, she decided to leave her London life and loves behind, retire to the English countryside and devote the rest of her days to her one true passion: birds. Moving to a small cottage in Sussex, she wrote two bestselling books, astonishing the world with her observations on the tits, robins, sparrows and other birds that lived nearby, flew freely in and out of her windows, and would even perch on her shoulder as she typed. This moving novel imagines the story of this remarkable woman's decision to defy society's expectations, and the joy she drew from her extraordinary relationship with the natural world.
 I often read the book while sat on a local style under an Oak tree where there is a bird box in which a pair of Great tits are raising there second brood so it seems natural to finish reading it there.
I am nearly finished reading the book and with all the birds fluttering around me while a read I am really enjoying the bird based observations mixing with the fictional story of a wonderful lady who loved birds above most things and on that point I was hooked as I understood her passion and understand the importance of one birdlife above the need of a neatly trimmed hedgerow.
 The book is a very unique read and stands out in the bird book fiction field as a really wonderful tale of love for birds, so if you have an interest and passion for birds then its perfect for reading while watching the birds in your garden or waiting for the birds to show from a hide.
 Thank for reading this post, stay wild and read the wonderful book Bird Cottage by Eva Meijer

Regards Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment