Friday 26 June 2015

A book from my childhood - Animals at night

A few weeks ago I posted about a wildlife poem book I found that nurtured my love of wildlife and today I decided on posting about a book I got in Junior school over 20 something years ago. The book was called Animals at night and I bought it from a library that used to visit local schools and each year we were given a book token to get us to read more and I used it on the book below. Each page filled my imagination and really got me thinking into what was going on in my garden in the darkness of night. I have posted a few of the pages that really nurtured my love of wildlife and the outdoors below.
 
Luckily I didn't have to imagine about foxes coming in my garden as 
I often found them in nearby countryside and came into my garden to feed in the winter months.
My favorite bird in the winter time the Tawny Owl and especially on cold, moonlit evenings just like in the picture below.
If you have been following my blog for a while then you'll know that I have had quite a few encounters with wildlife featured on these pages. When I have a wild encounter it takes me back to that excitement I had as a child when reading the words and taking in every bit of detail 
of the artwork that featured in the book.

Thanks for reading my blog
Stay wild, be happy and be safe
 
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment