Tuesday 17 August 2010

Mink encounter on the river dane

  I went for a quick walk by the river Dane today  in the area where I check for otter signs I also decided not to take any kit with me. I stood at my usual spot on a bridge which over looks part a quiet part of the river and I saw a disturbance in the water under a bit of grass which hangs over the river and after waiting for 10 minutes out came a small mink which played around on the bank for a minute or two and then took off up river. I always seem to get an wild encounter when I leave my kit behind but I guess it teaches me to always take a camera with me when go out for a wander by the river. I will keep checking the area and try to film the mink this week and maybe even camera trap the area if the weathers good at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment