Tuesday 22 June 2010

Dipper on the river dane,

While I was walking by the river Dane today I spotted a small brown bobbing bird that looked like a dipper. As I was quite far away I could not be sure if it was, I tried to get closer but it flew down another part of the river but if it is a dipper it would show the river was doing better than the previous year. As the river seems to be attracting birds that have never been recorded on the river Dane. 
I could not get a photo or footage of the bird as there was to much activity mainly dog walkers throwing sticks in the shallow water right where I believe the dipper to be feeding. Maybe they could be even nesting locally so early tomorrow morning at about 4am just before sunrise I hope to get some footage of the first river Dane Dipper.

Regards

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment