Friday 30 October 2015

Tatton park and the long walk home.....

Last Saturday we got dropped off at Tatton park in Knutsford to photograph the Deers and enjoy some fresh air. It was raining heavily and I was quite pleased because I have always wanted to photograph Red Deer in the rain as it gives a wilder feel in the photographs. As soon as we got there my brother the Swan Whisperer was off checking the 10 Mute Swans on the lake to see if they had any tags and a few of them did. While he was off with the Swans I walked further into the park where I spotted a Large Red Deer stag heading closer to the water. My gut told me it was going to cross the lake so I rushed ahead and got into place. The wind was blowing and the rain was pouring heavily so any photographs I got would be a bonus. The Deer came out of the lake and passed by me. It totally ignored me and went over to some younger Stags and it roared for a while then headed back across the lake.
Once we left the park we headed for home on the long road back and luckily the rain stopped and the sun came out.
The water was very shallow and this guy was amazing to watch

In this photograph the Red Deer was just about to leave the water and be so close to me
Another Stag watched beside me as the large Stag approached
Urban Deer photograph
Wilder Autumnal Red Deer photograph
While waiting for the rain to go off I got a photograph of this Mushroom on my I-phone
One of the many rivers that flowed under the road on our 14 mile walk back home
The Sunset that greeted us as we arrived back home
 
 Thanks for reading my blog
Stay wild, be happy and be safe

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment