Saturday 18 December 2010

A very early morning walk in the snow

After watching the snow falling from my garden office and seeing it becoming quite thick and as I don't work on a weekend I decided to go for a long walk around my local patch early the next morning so I set my alarm for 5am and packed a bag for some kit ie. torch, snack and DSLR with small lens for scene shots.
The great thing about going for a walk in the snow first thing in the morning when its still dark is that there is a sense of peace and calm also its easier to see in the countryside when there a layer of snow coverring everything and its great for tracking foxes and other mammals. We ended up following and finding lots of fox tracks and we also heard the local Tawny owl calling just as the sun came up as we began to make our way home for some breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment