Sunday 31 December 2017

Last day of 2017

Just a quick blog post to end the year and although I don't do all the happy the new year wishing. I thought it would be nice to finish off 2017 with remembering 3 encounters from the past year and also 3 things I want to do more of in 2018. My favorite three 2017 memories while out about may seem like small things to others but to me and maybe some of you will understand the beauty and complicity of Natural Encounters.
1-My first is Otters on my local river and as its the first year I've had so
many personal sightings of them only a few miles from my home in the early hours of summer.
2-My second is Waxwings in the early months of Spring we had them locally feeding on sticky spring buds on the edge of an industrial estate.
 3-My third and last is being outdoors in the rain, sun, wind, and ice I love all weathers and locations as each area has its own beauty. As I get older I love it even more and sometimes I head off deep into the local countryside to one of my peaceful beauty spots with my tent to commune with Nature.
My three things I want to do more of in 2018 are below:

1-Kayaking
2-Camping
3-Reading

 Hopefully, all the things above will encourage me to spend more time outdoors with Nature and the good thing is I can mix 1+3 together and 2+3 together which = another happy year doing what I love.
 
On Saturday 30th December 2017 I got a few photographs from a local bird reserve and one of the many lakes there, I got to see my first ever male Shovelers about 10m from the watching area which was a great bird to see to end the year.
A few of the 10+ bird feeders full of feeding birds 
 The local birders also rubbed fat on the posts to stick bird seed to the fence posts
I Would like to say a big thank you for all your custom at www.Gowildlifewatching.co.uk and to everyone that follows my passion. I'm looking forward to seeing what Nature brings next year. To be honest I can't wait to get out camping on the coast and hopefully within the next few months I shall as I am buying a few pieces of kit every month to make camping more comfortable. One things for sure in 2018 I'll be defending Nature in my own way with more kit and knowledge to save animals and habitats when and where I can.
Thank you

Mike

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd most certainly donate to this outstanding blog! I guess for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group. Talk soon! photography internships south africa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it's most appreciated :-)I do have a donation link it's here just in case people wish to be a help copy and paste this link https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=S7RFCQMX9BKAN

      Delete