Monday 18 March 2013

Quick update-Spring???????

Things seem to be going from Winter to spring here very slowly and Flash & Snow the swans have relocated to a new nest site which is about time to. 
The Grebe is calling for  mate hopefully if one flys over she will be lured in and then I can film the courtship as they do the weed dance to seal there bond before mating and nest building begins.  
At my new river camping area in a woodland setting there are some small ponds and on the edges there is lots of frogspawn which should keep the local otters well fed. 
My brother found this fish carcass which confirms Otters feed nearby, I just need to put in the time to film them at my new screen.
While chilling there the other day a Kingfisher flew by who knows what else we will see there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment